An exciting and brand-new course has been delivered to the world, mainly for or Producers, DJs, and Artists. It builds on WaterBear’s reputation for offering a new approach to higher education and innovation. Whether with a commitment to smaller classes or one-on-one mentoring, they offer something for everyone’s needs.
The course will be delivered on-site, online, and on demand. Most notably it has been put together by industry professionals at the very top of their game including Billy Mauseth – Founder Director of the UK’s foremost conference for electronic music, the Brighton Music Conference. Claire Spooner (Just Her) – Internationally acclaimed producer, songwriter, label owner, DJ and vocalist. James Fitchett (Prok | Fitch) – One of Beatport’s highest selling artists of all time, plus Spotify streams in the millions. Tim Belcher – Veteran producer, studio engineer, DJ and tutor, signed to over 50 labels and with around 500 releases under his belt. And last but not least Jack Kingslake – Artist currently signed to Electronic Soul label Tru Thoughts, a go-to producer for a massive range of Hip Hop, Grime, Soul, RnB and Trip Hop artists.
The course is fully accredited and approved by one of the UK’s leading specialist universities for the creative industries, Falmouth University. This course is completely flexible with a wide choice of course modules and activity tailored to the individual including;
- Music Production – writing, recording, mixing, mastering.
- Performance – on stage and in the studio.
- Music Business – DJs & Producers will learn to innovate and design their own life in music.
- One-to-one mentoring – mentoring with top DJs and producers.
- Access to professional studios – free rehearsal and recording time in professional studios.
- Work experience – opportunities to work at leading radio stations, record labels, festivals, and live events.
Students have the opportunity to study across a citywide campus in the heart of Brighton. Facilities there include two Apple Mac suites, recording & mix studios, rehearsal rooms, and of course WaterBear’s very own seafront venue.
Brighton-based music college WaterBear has an ethos focused on making great music and nurturing musical innovation in today’s musicians and artists. Overall the college attracts a broad range of musicians seeking to build a sustainable and innovative music career in a fast-paced industry. All of these students recognize the need to develop the right skills and resilience for career success.
The BA Honors degree course is designed to give Producers, DJs, and Artists the perfect blend of artistic freedom alongside practical strategies to forge their own careers. The degree is built on three fundamental elements – music, career, and projects. It deals with what really matters in the industry, will expand students’ options and push them to create original, boundary-shifting music.
For those who choose to study the course fully online, a £750 studio grant and a Slate ‘all-access bundle’ is provided. This serves that electronic music producers can learn and work on their own equipment.
How to apply:
To arrange a personal one-to-one consultation email email@example.com
- Josh Teed Unveils “Wildfire” From Upcoming Taking It All In EP
- Florida’s Sol Fest Music & Arts Festival Reveals Stacked Phase 2 Lineup
- OMM Drops “INSANE”
- Tomorrowland Launches the Online Tomorrowland DJ & Producing Academy
- North Coast Music Festival reveals daily stage lineups and single-day tickets for 2024 edition
- Partying Inside the Fuselage of a Boeing 727-200