Markus Schulz has released his sixth artist album, “Watch The World” on his label Coldharbor Recordings in conjunction with Black Hole Recordings
Markus Schulz, a name synonymous with dance music, has gifted fans with his sixth artist album, “Watch The World.” This is the first album Schulz has produced independently for his label, Coldharbor Recordings, in conjunction with its release on Black Hold Recordings.
A true artist and producer extraordinaire, Schulz co-wrote all of the tracks with the singers whom he collaborated with. This was a first in his career and lead to an extremely personal and creative album. Over the course of 12 months Schulz held “songwriting camps” in Miami, LA, and Amsterdam, where he worked with singers and lyricists.
Schulz explains, “I was always fascinated by the (songwriting) process. The issue I always had was I was never seemed to be close enough to it. I realized I’d been missing it, and “Watch The World” is me addressing that.” He continues, “I used to be really into creative writing when I was younger. When I started DJing and producing that went on the back seat. For this album though, I was one hundred percent focused on not just producing the music but also working on its lyrical content.”
The first completed track, “Destiny,” shot to #1 on the Beatport charts and received an IDMA nomination for Best Trance Track of the year. The album also includes “In The Night,” dubbed the “stalker anthem no.3” and the catchy, “Love Me Like You Never Did.” There’s also the uplifting “Summer Dream,” “You & I,” a new collaboration with Adina Butar, and the deeper, “Let It Rain.” Kyau & Albert collaborated with Schulz on the track “Fears.”
On finishing the album, Schulz said: ‘This, I see, as the next stage in my life as a musician. It’s about giving something of myself lyrically to the audience, as well as musically. Putting it out there. That is something that I’m really comfortable with doing now. The result, I feel, is an album which is a much more personal affair.”
Spanning multiple frequencies of dance music, “Watch The World,” is fresh, exciting, and the perfect soundtrack for the summer.
Purchase Markus Schulz’s “Watch The World” here.
Markus Schulz “Watch The World” track listing:
1. Code 10-66
2. In the Night (featuring Brooke Tomlinson)
3. Love Me Like You Never Did (featuring Ethan Thompson)
4. Destiny (featuring Delacey)
5. A Better You
6. I Hear You Calling (featuring CAYO)
7. Leaving LA (featuring Nikki Flores)
8. Let It Rain (featuring Helen)
9. Fears (with Kyau & Albert)
10. Facedown (featuring Soundland)
12. You & I (featuring Adina Butar)
13. Watch The World (featuring Lady V)
14. Summer Dream (featuring Mia Koo)
15. Favorite Nightmare (featuring Delacey)
16. Soldier (featuring Naguale)
01. In The Night (featuring Brooke Tomlinson) (Acoustic)
02. Love Me Like You Never Did (featuring Ethan Thompson) (Acoustic)
03. Destiny (featuring Delacey) (Acoustic)
04. I Hear You Calling (featuring CAYO) (Acoustic)
05. Let It Rain (featuring Helen) (Acoustic)
06. Fears (with Kyau & Albert) (Acoustic)
07. Facedown (featuring Soundland) (Acoustic)
08. You And I (featuring Adina Butar) (Acoustic)
09. Watch The World (featuring Lady V) (Acoustic)
10. Summer Dream (featuring Mia Koo) (Acoustic)
For more information on Markus Schulz, visit markusschulz.com.
- Joel Corry Teams Up With MNEK for Summertime Hit “Head & Heart”
- Truth x Lies & Austin Hennessey Unleash ‘Other Side’ EP
- Teddy Beats, Kenna Woods & Mon Rovîa Release “Falling” [Armada Music]
- Nocturnalist 267
- Slow Magic & Shallou Join Forces on “Somewhere” From Forthcoming EP
- Omar Basaad Drops “Without You” via Coexist Records
Interview: John Digweed & Alan Fitzpatrick on Lost Horizon Festival July 3 & 4
Glastonbury’s Shangri-La is going virtual for the Lost Horizon Festival, introducing the magnificent Gas Tower Stage. This weekend on July...
DJ Tennis’ Label Life and Death Celebrates 10 Year Anniversary With Launch of Website
Over the last 10 years, esteemed label Life and Death has dedicated time to releasing soulful electronic music influenced by...
‘Arena Now’: Don Diablo’s “Corona-Proof” Event
Don Diablo sells out his only live show this summer Germans might have found the solution to tackle the need...
EDX’s Newest Single “Umoja” & Upcoming History-Making Live Stream in Zürich
For those familiar with artists who have taken on veteran roles in the dance music space, EDX should be no...
World Premiere: “PJ” by the BELMONT BOYS has Arrived
Eastern European DJ/Production duo BELMONT BOYS are revealing their newest single “PJ”, and The Nocturnal Times has the world premiere...
Dive into the Lucid Project: Music for the Mindful
Music is a crucial aspect of our daily lives and has become a universal form of therapy for many. It’s...