With all of the continued excitement in the past week from the 61st annual GRAMMY Awards, many fans of Virtual Self A.K.A Porter Robinson, are wondering what new projects will come next for the artist following his Best Dance Recording nomination for “Ghost Voices.”
Diplo and Mark Ronson’s project Silk City, for their track “Electricity” with Dua Lipa won the award, but in Virtual Self’s red carpet interview, he expressed that his nomination was far from anything he expected for what was originally a side project. He was open about his purpose in trying to claw his way of out of creative struggles and divert from people’s expectations for his music.
To celebrate his GRAMMY nomination, Virtual Self performed at The Shrine Expo Hall in Los Angeles a few days before the awards ceremony and dropped an unreleased track, “God Rays.” As he also said in his red carpet interview, “Tension and release is the name of the game for dance music,” and that is no surprise given the nature of Virtual Self’s nostalgic dance music sound inspired by late 90s, early 2000s techno. With only videos from fans of this epic moment at the show, this may be a glimpse of the unique direction he will continue to take with Virtual Self. While he may eventually release music as Porter Robinson again, there is anticipation of imaginative new music to come from both in the near future.
- Dillon Francis Drops Anticipated ‘This Mixtape Is Fire TOO’ Album
- MitiS Releases “Falling Into Mystery,” Announces Unity Live Tour
- GRAVEDGR & Algo Drop Banging New Track, “Pharos & Kings”
- Sullivan King Goes Touring With Avenged Sevenfold in 2024
- AFROJACK Drops YUFO “Bounce Again (NLW Edit)” Under NLW Alias
- Emma Hewitt & ZOYA Team Up For “Holding Out For You”