Over the last couple of years we have seen Australian-born vocal goddess Emma Hewitt consistently release one stellar track after another. She has been working with legends like Markus Schulz, Richard Durand, Ben Nicky, Orjan Nilsen and others. For her newest release “Raindrop” we also see her working with fellow artist Mark Sixma. “Raindrop” also marks the fourth single of highly anticipated studio album Ghost Of The Light. Hewitt’s hotly anticipated second LP (the follow-up to 2012’s Burn The Sky Down) will be released later in May 2023.
Emma’s mind has always been focussed on enhancing the artistic process, whilst blurring the line between original and remix. With “Raindrop” Mark Sixma and Emma developed a formidable, club-striking release. Bass throb, echoic fx and a broodingly tech-ish drive ultimately spark into its hyper-catchy, electro-tinged mainline. The whole track is narrated in the third-person, but through her crafted metaphors Emma leaves cues & clues aplenty as to “Raindrop’s” meaning. Weaving an evocative, intriguingly equivocal, and always emotionally charged tale, it’s one that’ll bring a deeper understanding with each successive listen. Emma Hewitt and Mark Sixma’s “Raindrop” is out now on Black Hole Recordings.
- PLS&TY Launches “Proper Manners” Radio Show on Insomniac Radio
- Dillon Francis Drops Anticipated ‘This Mixtape Is Fire TOO’ Album
- MitiS Releases “Falling Into Mystery,” Announces Unity Live Tour
- GRAVEDGR & Algo Drop Banging New Track, “Pharos & Kings”
- Sullivan King Goes Touring With Avenged Sevenfold in 2024
- AFROJACK Drops YUFO “Bounce Again (NLW Edit)” Under NLW Alias