In the months leading up to the dance music industry’s biggest week, the 34th annual Winter Music Conference (WMC 2019) has announced the first of the keynote speakers, select programming, and additional partners. From March 25-28, the veteran Winter Music Conference returns to South Beach, Miami for its 34th installment, but this year WMC is more re-imagined than ever before.
The first round of keynote speakers, select programming, and additional partners for Winter Music Conference 2019 have just been announced. Only at WMC will you be able to catch things like:
- Dr. Douglas Rushkoff — named one of the “world’s ten most influential intellectuals” by MIT — deliver a keynote presentation centered around his acclaimed “Team Human” Podcast and forthcoming book which grapples with complex issues of agency, social justice, and all those quirky non-binary corners of life.
- Armin van Buuren: The trance legend with more than 20 years experience will discuss his acclaimed A State of Trance radio show, his Armada Music imprint, and much more.
- Irvine Welsh, acclaimed and often-controversial writer of novels, stories and stage and screenplays – most notably “Trainspotting,” “The Acid House” and “Ecstasy” – will be joined by acid house originator DJ Pierre for a discussion on the evolution and impact of acid house on global music and culture.
- Laidback Luke: Dance music’s beloved Laidback Luke is slated to host “The Power Of Creative Djing” — a main stage presentation.
- Sam Feldt: Feldt will be joined by a special guest in conversation about green philanthropy. Established by Feldt in 2018, The Heartfeldt Foundation is a non-profit platform that promotes a sustainable lifestyle and a healthier planet by using the reach and influence of ambassadors in the fields of music, sports, and entertainment.
Connecting industry professionals, artists, labels, managers, agents, and those aspiring to break into the industry, this year’s Winter Music Conference in Miami Beach takes place in the days leading up to Ultra Music Festival, which is in its 21st edition. WMC is not the only brand to see a makeover in 2019. Ultra Music Festival will move to its new home on Historic Virginia Key Beach Park & Miami Marine Stadium to begin a new chapter.
This year’s brand partners for WMC include:
Akai, Anjunabeats, Anjunadeep, Armada Music, Astralwerks, Beatport, Big Beat Records, Circus Records, Counter Records, Deadbeats, Deckstar, Denon DJ, Dirtybird, Discogs, Enhanced Music, Fusicology, Geffen Records, Gud Vibrations, Echostage, Hooke Audio, I AM POP, Involved Management, IO Music Academy, Jamstik, Little Empire Music, Lowly Palace, MB Management, Metapop, Mixcloud, Monstercat, Native Instruments, Nervous Records, Pioneer DJ, Point Blank Music School, Proximity, Rane, RAM Records, RCA Records, Red Light Management, Rumpl, Russell Athletic, SAE School of Audio Engineering, Scratch DJ Academy, SoStereo, Spinnin Records, Splice, Sunski, Symphonic Distribution, The District, The Nations, TOPO Designs, Traxsource, Ujo Music, and Viberate.com.
For more information about WMC and to purchase tickets, visit wintermusicconference.com.
- Kenn Colt Releases “Damn Right” & Jumpstarts ‘Damn Right You Drive Sober! Nationalized Campaign’
- Lotus’ Luke Miller Unveils Luke the Knife Alias in ‘Disco Nap’ LP
- AVIAN GRAYS Puts Forth Rework of Jennifer Paiges 1998 Hit “Crush”
- DSTRQT is Going to “Hypnotize” us this Summer
- Nocturnalist 317
- Listen to Chris Varvaro’s Debut EP ‘Walking’
David Guetta Sells Catalogue to Warner Music in Groundbreaking Partnership Deal Worth “About $100 Million”
Dance music legend David Guetta is one of the biggest figures in global music. During his career he raked in...
Splash House 2021 Announces Two-Weekend Desert Extravaganza
Fan-favorite Palm Springs festival, Splash House, announced a huge comeback today with a two-weekend party with massive separate lineups. With...
ADE Pro Passes Available at Early Bird Rate & First Speakers Announced Including Deadmau5 & Don Diablo
One event of 2021 is stealing the limelight when it comes to excitement upon its return. Amsterdam Dance Event (ADE)...
Secret Project Sets Course for First-Ever Event During ADE 2021
Secret Project will take place during ADE with an exclusive daytime show on October 16th With the Dutch government announcing...
Win a Pair of Passes to Dirtybird Campout 2021 [Giveaway]
Calling all Dirty Birds! Dirtybird Campout is officially live with their flash sale for the upcoming edition on October 15-17...
Niiko x SWAE Drop Full ‘Field Trip’ EP on Armada Music [Interview]
Today marks an incredibly special day for DJ/Production duo Niiko x SWAE. These guys have been on an amazing roll...