In the months leading up to the dance music industry’s biggest week, the 34th annual Winter Music Conference (WMC 2019) has announced the first of the keynote speakers, select programming, and additional partners. From March 25-28, the veteran Winter Music Conference returns to South Beach, Miami for its 34th installment, but this year WMC is more re-imagined than ever before.
The first round of keynote speakers, select programming, and additional partners for Winter Music Conference 2019 have just been announced. Only at WMC will you be able to catch things like:
- Dr. Douglas Rushkoff — named one of the “world’s ten most influential intellectuals” by MIT — deliver a keynote presentation centered around his acclaimed “Team Human” Podcast and forthcoming book which grapples with complex issues of agency, social justice, and all those quirky non-binary corners of life.
- Armin van Buuren: The trance legend with more than 20 years experience will discuss his acclaimed A State of Trance radio show, his Armada Music imprint, and much more.
- Irvine Welsh, acclaimed and often-controversial writer of novels, stories and stage and screenplays – most notably “Trainspotting,” “The Acid House” and “Ecstasy” – will be joined by acid house originator DJ Pierre for a discussion on the evolution and impact of acid house on global music and culture.
- Laidback Luke: Dance music’s beloved Laidback Luke is slated to host “The Power Of Creative Djing” — a main stage presentation.
- Sam Feldt: Feldt will be joined by a special guest in conversation about green philanthropy. Established by Feldt in 2018, The Heartfeldt Foundation is a non-profit platform that promotes a sustainable lifestyle and a healthier planet by using the reach and influence of ambassadors in the fields of music, sports, and entertainment.
Connecting industry professionals, artists, labels, managers, agents, and those aspiring to break into the industry, this year’s Winter Music Conference in Miami Beach takes place in the days leading up to Ultra Music Festival, which is in its 21st edition. WMC is not the only brand to see a makeover in 2019. Ultra Music Festival will move to its new home on Historic Virginia Key Beach Park & Miami Marine Stadium to begin a new chapter.
This year’s brand partners for WMC include:
Akai, Anjunabeats, Anjunadeep, Armada Music, Astralwerks, Beatport, Big Beat Records, Circus Records, Counter Records, Deadbeats, Deckstar, Denon DJ, Dirtybird, Discogs, Enhanced Music, Fusicology, Geffen Records, Gud Vibrations, Echostage, Hooke Audio, I AM POP, Involved Management, IO Music Academy, Jamstik, Little Empire Music, Lowly Palace, MB Management, Metapop, Mixcloud, Monstercat, Native Instruments, Nervous Records, Pioneer DJ, Point Blank Music School, Proximity, Rane, RAM Records, RCA Records, Red Light Management, Rumpl, Russell Athletic, SAE School of Audio Engineering, Scratch DJ Academy, SoStereo, Spinnin Records, Splice, Sunski, Symphonic Distribution, The District, The Nations, TOPO Designs, Traxsource, Ujo Music, and Viberate.com.
For more information about WMC and to purchase tickets, visit wintermusicconference.com.
- Jarod Glawe Drops Mesmerizing New Single “Belong To You” ft. Robin Vane
- Loud Luxury Strikes Listeners with “Red Handed” Featuring Thutmose
- Factory 93 Comes to Las Vegas Featuring Avision, Maceo Plex, Michael Bibi & Testpilot
- Riot Ten, Dogma & Joe Buras of Born Of Osiris Release the “Ready For War” Monster
- Michael Calfan & HARBER “Feelings After Dark” (ft. NISHA) Hits Musical Freedom
- Danny Olson & Crystal Skies Drop “Like Water” ft. Jadelyn on Insomniac’s Lost In Dreams [Premiere]
Michael Calfan & HARBER “Feelings After Dark” (ft. NISHA) Hits Musical Freedom
HARBER and Michael Calfan make their debut on Musical Freedom Records with “Feelings After Dark” feat. NISHA today (Friday, May...
PAROOKAVILLE 2021 Edition Moved to 2022
With hopes in our heart we were all looking forward to the second part of the year. How we all...
Tomorrowland & Pukkelpop Potential Shape Up for 2021
Current vaccination plans are running smoothly and we see that the infection numbers are falling. Nevertheless, the pandemic is still...
EDC Portugal Postponed to 2022
Over the last couple of days it became unclear if EDC Portugal would happen this year or not. Following May...
HOLY SHIP! Wrecked Embarking on December 3rd-7th Featuring ZHU, Alison Wonderland, Chris Lake & More
Preparing for its voyage across the electronic oceans, Holy Ship! Wrecked has announced its 2021 lineup and event dates. Taking...
Audien Joins Armada Music & Touches Hearts in “Learn To Love Again” [Interview]
After a year of solitude and creative introspection, progressive-house prodigy Audien kicks off the month of May with some pretty...