In the months leading up to the dance music industry’s biggest week, the 34th annual Winter Music Conference (WMC 2019) has announced the first of the keynote speakers, select programming, and additional partners. From March 25-28, the veteran Winter Music Conference returns to South Beach, Miami for its 34th installment, but this year WMC is more re-imagined than ever before.
The first round of keynote speakers, select programming, and additional partners for Winter Music Conference 2019 have just been announced. Only at WMC will you be able to catch things like:
- Dr. Douglas Rushkoff — named one of the “world’s ten most influential intellectuals” by MIT — deliver a keynote presentation centered around his acclaimed “Team Human” Podcast and forthcoming book which grapples with complex issues of agency, social justice, and all those quirky non-binary corners of life.
- Armin van Buuren: The trance legend with more than 20 years experience will discuss his acclaimed A State of Trance radio show, his Armada Music imprint, and much more.
- Irvine Welsh, acclaimed and often-controversial writer of novels, stories and stage and screenplays – most notably “Trainspotting,” “The Acid House” and “Ecstasy” – will be joined by acid house originator DJ Pierre for a discussion on the evolution and impact of acid house on global music and culture.
- Laidback Luke: Dance music’s beloved Laidback Luke is slated to host “The Power Of Creative Djing” — a main stage presentation.
- Sam Feldt: Feldt will be joined by a special guest in conversation about green philanthropy. Established by Feldt in 2018, The Heartfeldt Foundation is a non-profit platform that promotes a sustainable lifestyle and a healthier planet by using the reach and influence of ambassadors in the fields of music, sports, and entertainment.
Connecting industry professionals, artists, labels, managers, agents, and those aspiring to break into the industry, this year’s Winter Music Conference in Miami Beach takes place in the days leading up to Ultra Music Festival, which is in its 21st edition. WMC is not the only brand to see a makeover in 2019. Ultra Music Festival will move to its new home on Historic Virginia Key Beach Park & Miami Marine Stadium to begin a new chapter.
This year’s brand partners for WMC include:
Akai, Anjunabeats, Anjunadeep, Armada Music, Astralwerks, Beatport, Big Beat Records, Circus Records, Counter Records, Deadbeats, Deckstar, Denon DJ, Dirtybird, Discogs, Enhanced Music, Fusicology, Geffen Records, Gud Vibrations, Echostage, Hooke Audio, I AM POP, Involved Management, IO Music Academy, Jamstik, Little Empire Music, Lowly Palace, MB Management, Metapop, Mixcloud, Monstercat, Native Instruments, Nervous Records, Pioneer DJ, Point Blank Music School, Proximity, Rane, RAM Records, RCA Records, Red Light Management, Rumpl, Russell Athletic, SAE School of Audio Engineering, Scratch DJ Academy, SoStereo, Spinnin Records, Splice, Sunski, Symphonic Distribution, The District, The Nations, TOPO Designs, Traxsource, Ujo Music, and Viberate.com.
For more information about WMC and to purchase tickets, visit wintermusicconference.com.
- Machine Gun Kelly Brings Sold-Out Show to MSG Following New Hulu Documentary
- Donatella Makes a Debut with “What Do I Do Now”
- Alok Releases Sixth Installment of ‘CONTROVERSIA by Alok’
- Jimmy Pé Shares New Single “Booty Pop”
- Marcus Santoro Drops “Goodbye” ft. 88Birds
- The Chainsmokers “I Love U” Sees Electrifying New Isaac Palmer Remix
Machine Gun Kelly Brings Sold-Out Show to MSG Following New Hulu Documentary
This Tuesday night (June 28), Machine Gun Kelly, took to a sold-out crowd at Madison Square Garden. Bringing his Mainstream...
Ruben de Ronde’s Airwalk, Open To Close [Interview]
Living in the Netherlands can be a huge pain for music lovers. Each week there are dozens events happening and...
All About DGTL Amsterdam 2022
It was the moment Dutch music fans had waited for. After two years of confinement and isolation, DGTL Amsterdam 2022...
Billy Joel Celebrates 80th Consecutive Show at Madison Square Garden with NY Rangers Veterans
With live events finally taking place again after nearly two years, there was a greater-than-usual buzz in the air this...
Sleeping Giant Music Launches New Public Relations Agency
Internationally recognized booking agency Sleeping Giant Music remains at the forefront of all things music for its relentless dedication to...
Meet MEIRLIN: Zouk & Ayu Resident DJ at Resorts World Las Vegas Drops New Collab on Showtek’s Skink Imprint
Rising DJ & producer MEIRLIN has emerged as a true rising talent within the electronic dance music community. From past...