Officially landed as of May 11, 2018, German producer Roger Shah’s latest work of art, No Boundaries exceeds expectations and demonstrates the limitless boundaries that music encompasses as a powerful form of healing.
After three years in the making, Roger Shah has debuted No Boundaries – his sensational two-part album. The first release under his name since 2011’s Openminded?!, this album has been a long time coming. Post 2011 and prior to beginning this work, Shah had been outputting numerous mix-compilations, soundtracks, side projects, and albums under various aliases, (most notably Sunlounger and High Noon At Salinas.)
No Boundaries has finally come to life after a vision spurred from several years ago and countless hours spent in the studio. This one holds particular meaning and immense emotion as it proved to be a very trying time for Shah as his mother passed while he was working on the album. The record comes as a testament to the overwhelming power that music possesses to heal our souls in these difficult times.
“I have dedicated this album to my beloved mom, who very sadly never got to hear it in its final form. I’ll always be grateful though that she had the chance to listen to it at least in part”. – Roger Shah
30 tracks make up the two-part series, and both parts deliver the classic Roger Shah style – one of intricate instrumentation, arrangements, and style-mixing. Already named June’s Trance Album of The Month by MIXMAG, No Boundaries is picking up some serious steam. Disc 1 features frequent Shah collaborators LeiLani, Inger Hansen, Yoav, Zara Taylor, and Adrina Thorpe amongst numerous other talented visionaries. Disc 2 has recruited the beautiful vocal stylings of Carla Werner, Jennifer Rene, Susana, and Suzy Solar to name a few, as well as the production work of Aly & Fila, Sied van Riel, RAM, and more.
Shah shared his thoughts leading up to the release stating, “My idea was to create a unique journey for the listener to take. Its production has certainly been that for me. Working on it over the longer time period has been an experience as different as it’s been hindsight revealing. When I listen to each individual song, I can really hear what I was going through whilst making it. It’s wonderful to now be able to experience them all together, collected in this album form.”
Shah has worked with and gained the support of electronic heavyweights like Armin van Buuren, Tiësto, and Paul Van Dyk, as well as platinum selling artists like Sarah McLachlan, Moya Brennan, Kosheen, Bryan Adams, and more. After taking spots in the DJ Mag Top 100 poll several times, gathering over 100 million views on his music videos, hitting top spots on iTunes and Beatport charts, and playing the world’s most prestigious festivals and venues including EDC Las Vegas, A State of Trance, Ultra Music Festival, Privilege Ibiza, Zouk, and Dreamstate SoCal, what’s next? Well we can certainly begin with giving No Boundaries the well-earned attention it deserves. There’s no telling what the future holds for Roger Shah and his artillery of monikers, but we know it will be full of more releases and new sounds yet to be discovered.
Check out the full No Boundaries tracklist below:
- No Boundaries
- When You’re Here (with Aisling Jarvis)
- Love Heals You (with LeiLani)
- Star-crossed (with JES)
- Reasons To Live (with Moya Brennan)
- Beautiful Lie (with Yoav)
- Triumvirate (with Stoneface & Terminal)
- Hold Your Head Up High (with Aisling Jarvis)
- Not Alone (with Brian Laruso featuring Angus Powell)
- Castles In The Sky (with Inger Hansen)
- Skyarium (with Taucher)
- Fire (with Antillas & Zara Taylor)
- Skyline (with Adrina Thorpe)
- Eternal Time (with LeiLani)
- Rapture (with Dante Thomas)
- Call Me Home (with Aisling Jarvis)
- A Different Part Of Me (with Susie Ledge)
- Castaway (with Carla Werner) (Trenchtown Mix)
- Down By The Sea (with Emoiryah)
- Fool 4 U (with Jackie Bristow)
- Natural Order (with Rene Ablaze)
- For The One You Love (with RAM & Natalie Gioia)
- Al Ritmo Que Vas (with Suzie Del Vecchio)
- The Namib (with Pierre Pienaar)
- Sanctuary (with Suzy Solar)
- Unbreakable (meets Aly & Fila & Susana)
- Without You (with Sied van Riel featuring Jennifer Rene)
- Never Forget (with Nathia Kate featuring Amber)
- One Life (with DJ Feel featuring Zara Taylor) (Deeper Translation Mix)
- Somewhere Inside (Tiësto presents Allure featuring Julie Thompson) (Roger Shah Remix)
- Clean Bandit Remix “The Business Pt. II” by Tiësto ft. Ty Dolla $ign
- Porter Robinson Drops “Musician” Ahead of ‘Nuture’ Album
- Julien Scalzo & Suki Soul Collaborate on “Don’t Stop”
- G3MINI Unveils Powerful Debut Single “Savage”
- Cosmic Gate to Premiere New Single “Blame” on Miami Open Skies Digital Event
- Snyder Discusses Debut Album, New “Motions” Music Video & More [Interview]
Snyder Discusses Debut Album, New “Motions” Music Video & More [Interview]
Snyder’s friends and family understand that when the 27-year-old DJ and producer is in the studio, he’s nearly impossible to...
PHZES & J12 ft. Sunnie Williams Debut Dance Pop Tune “I See” [Premiere]
Breakout DJ & producer trio PHZES return to the dance scene releasing their newest single, this time teaming up with...
Snyder Drops Debut Album, ‘In The Dark,’ After String of Successful Singles Surpass 1 Million Streams
Nearly two years in the making, In the Dark is DJ and producer Snyder’s debut album – a promising project...
Sam Feldt Takes Center Stage in 2021, “Stronger” ft. Kesha & Fangage 2.0 Launch [Interview]
Internationally renowned house music legend Sam Feldt continues to captivate fans with his forward-looking musical and entrepreneurial ventures. Following the...
Daft Punk Says Goodbye After 28 Years
What a long, strange, and fantastic journey it has been for Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo. To a broad...
Ultra Music Festival Miami 2021 Canceled Due to Coronavirus Pandemic
It comes as no surprise to most people. Although we had hoped for Ultra Music Festival Miami 2021 to proceed...