Officially landed as of May 11, 2018, German producer Roger Shah’s latest work of art, No Boundaries exceeds expectations and demonstrates the limitless boundaries that music encompasses as a powerful form of healing.
After three years in the making, Roger Shah has debuted No Boundaries – his sensational two-part album. The first release under his name since 2011’s Openminded?!, this album has been a long time coming. Post 2011 and prior to beginning this work, Shah had been outputting numerous mix-compilations, soundtracks, side projects, and albums under various aliases, (most notably Sunlounger and High Noon At Salinas.)
No Boundaries has finally come to life after a vision spurred from several years ago and countless hours spent in the studio. This one holds particular meaning and immense emotion as it proved to be a very trying time for Shah as his mother passed while he was working on the album. The record comes as a testament to the overwhelming power that music possesses to heal our souls in these difficult times.
“I have dedicated this album to my beloved mom, who very sadly never got to hear it in its final form. I’ll always be grateful though that she had the chance to listen to it at least in part”. – Roger Shah
30 tracks make up the two-part series, and both parts deliver the classic Roger Shah style – one of intricate instrumentation, arrangements, and style-mixing. Already named June’s Trance Album of The Month by MIXMAG, No Boundaries is picking up some serious steam. Disc 1 features frequent Shah collaborators LeiLani, Inger Hansen, Yoav, Zara Taylor, and Adrina Thorpe amongst numerous other talented visionaries. Disc 2 has recruited the beautiful vocal stylings of Carla Werner, Jennifer Rene, Susana, and Suzy Solar to name a few, as well as the production work of Aly & Fila, Sied van Riel, RAM, and more.
Shah shared his thoughts leading up to the release stating, “My idea was to create a unique journey for the listener to take. Its production has certainly been that for me. Working on it over the longer time period has been an experience as different as it’s been hindsight revealing. When I listen to each individual song, I can really hear what I was going through whilst making it. It’s wonderful to now be able to experience them all together, collected in this album form.”
Shah has worked with and gained the support of electronic heavyweights like Armin van Buuren, Tiësto, and Paul Van Dyk, as well as platinum selling artists like Sarah McLachlan, Moya Brennan, Kosheen, Bryan Adams, and more. After taking spots in the DJ Mag Top 100 poll several times, gathering over 100 million views on his music videos, hitting top spots on iTunes and Beatport charts, and playing the world’s most prestigious festivals and venues including EDC Las Vegas, A State of Trance, Ultra Music Festival, Privilege Ibiza, Zouk, and Dreamstate SoCal, what’s next? Well we can certainly begin with giving No Boundaries the well-earned attention it deserves. There’s no telling what the future holds for Roger Shah and his artillery of monikers, but we know it will be full of more releases and new sounds yet to be discovered.
Check out the full No Boundaries tracklist below:
- No Boundaries
- When You’re Here (with Aisling Jarvis)
- Love Heals You (with LeiLani)
- Star-crossed (with JES)
- Reasons To Live (with Moya Brennan)
- Beautiful Lie (with Yoav)
- Triumvirate (with Stoneface & Terminal)
- Hold Your Head Up High (with Aisling Jarvis)
- Not Alone (with Brian Laruso featuring Angus Powell)
- Castles In The Sky (with Inger Hansen)
- Skyarium (with Taucher)
- Fire (with Antillas & Zara Taylor)
- Skyline (with Adrina Thorpe)
- Eternal Time (with LeiLani)
- Rapture (with Dante Thomas)
- Call Me Home (with Aisling Jarvis)
- A Different Part Of Me (with Susie Ledge)
- Castaway (with Carla Werner) (Trenchtown Mix)
- Down By The Sea (with Emoiryah)
- Fool 4 U (with Jackie Bristow)
- Natural Order (with Rene Ablaze)
- For The One You Love (with RAM & Natalie Gioia)
- Al Ritmo Que Vas (with Suzie Del Vecchio)
- The Namib (with Pierre Pienaar)
- Sanctuary (with Suzy Solar)
- Unbreakable (meets Aly & Fila & Susana)
- Without You (with Sied van Riel featuring Jennifer Rene)
- Never Forget (with Nathia Kate featuring Amber)
- One Life (with DJ Feel featuring Zara Taylor) (Deeper Translation Mix)
- Somewhere Inside (Tiësto presents Allure featuring Julie Thompson) (Roger Shah Remix)
- PAROOKAVILLE Announces Kygo & Confirms More Headliners for Seventh Edition
- Nocturnalist 401
- Dr. Ushūu Releases UK-Inspired Bass Single “Love Me”
- Hekler Drops 10-Track Debut Album ‘Abyss’
- Wynn Nightlife & Framework Announce 2023 Art of the Wild Talent Lineup For Wynn Las Vegas
- Orbital Releases “Are You Alive?” Ahead of New Studio Album Drop This Month
PAROOKAVILLE Announces Kygo & Confirms More Headliners for Seventh Edition
From July 21 to 23, 2023, the city gates of PAROOKAVILLE will open for the seventh time and let an...
Elements Music & Arts Festival Announces Stacked Phase One Lineup Ahead of 2023 Installment
Elements Music & Arts Festival shocked festival goers earlier this week with the highly-awaited phase-one lineup announcement for its forthcoming...
Tomorrowland 2023 Lineup Drops as 600+ Acts Bring ‘Adscendo’ to Belgium for Two Weekends
The countdown to the summer festival season is on! Tomorrowland just dropped the full line-up for the 17th edition of the...
RESISTANCE Prepares to Launch Debut US Club Residency at M2 Ahead of Ultra Music Festival 2023
Ultra Worldwide‘s internationally renowned RESISTANCE brand has been taking over the world by storm since its inception a few years...
Rampage Goes Big With Total Takeover, Open Air & Tomorrowland Stage Hosting
The biggest vibes, the bestest crowd, the baddest basslines, the boldest light show, the boomest soundsystems… this is RAMPAGE!! The...
Tomorrowland Set to Release 2023 Lineup on January 28
The people behind Tommorowland are about to drop the most anticipated festival lineup of 2023. This number one festival in...