When trance gem and VII label boss John Askew releases something, you know it is going to be a knockout. He’s just unleashed his whopping 36-track album Dusk Till Dawn upon the world. It is the label’s hotly anticipated fourth double disc music comp. All this pure trance goodness is mixed and compiled by respected trance pioneer John Askew himself. This album provides a brilliant expo of his bilingual approach to the genre. Where the first “Dusk” disc underscores his mastery of tougher, techier sounds, the second “Dawn” disc sheds more light on John’s love of enhanced melodies, primetime tempos and higher-power euphoria.
“Dusk is the music I love to hear when it gets dark and things go harder and more twisted. Whereas Dawn shows off my more melodic side as night transitions to day and the festival vibes kick off. As well as all the killer current music I wanted to rework some of my favourite classics to include – from the likes of NU NRG, Union Jack and Paul van Dyk to give a fresh 2021 twist to those seminal classics that for me were – and always will be – the purest and most epic forms of trance.” – John Askew
Dusk Till Dawn is 36 tracks chock full of John Askew reworks and two brand-new studio creations, all of which are featured exclusively on this album. Furthermore, you’ll find eleven previously unheard, desk-hot productions from some of John’s favorite producers. This album contains the top tier songs freshest songs from VII and its sister label Deep In Thought.
In Dusk, John is dispensing with the formalities. Above all it is here that he goes right for the tech jugular with his reworks of Union Jack’s classic “Cactus” and Will Atkinson’s “Awake.” From there he takes aim with a track/remix salvo from the likes of Sean Tyas, EverLight, Alex Di Stefano, Paul Denton and others. Bookending “Dusk” is a new Askew studio summoning called “Keep Pushing.” Second to last on this side is Will Atkinson’s amazingly “Pipe Dreams.” And last but not least he closes off with the oasis-like calm of BT & Christian Burns’ “Save Me.”
On Dawn, John embraces the psy notes. This instantly becomes apparent on Beatman & Ludmilla’s “The Fall.” From here on out it is a hot run of Askew reworkings, on music from Steve Brian, Ronski Speed, NuNRG and Milla Lahto. Further in, Story Of Oz’s remix of Sean Tyas’s “Someday,” Story’s own “Somersault” and John’s freshly pressed remix of PvD’s “Crush” pave the way to the mix’s valedictory track, Will Atkinson’s “The Last Rave On Earth.”
Tracklist “Dusk Till Dawn mixed by John Askew”:
CD 1 – Dusk
01. Union Jack – Cactus (John Askew Rework)
02. Will Atkinson – Awake (John Askew Rework)
03. John Askew – Tooth Decay on Tuesday
04. Everlight ft. Emma Chatt – Obelisk
05. Zach Zlov – Ergo
06. Everlight – Renegade Bass
07. Tasso – Attrition
08. Alex Di Stefano – Above The Sky
09. Sean Tyas – Black & White (Paul Denton Remix)
10. John Askew – Torture Chamber (Everlight Remix)
11. Tommy Mulligan – The Wasp
12. Allan McLuhan – Acid Theory (John Askew Rework)
13. John Askew – Niceto
14. Fonzerelli – Moonlight Party (Greg Downey Remix)
15. Faraway Project – Savannah (John Askew Rework)
16. John Askew – Keep Pushing
17. Will Atkinson – Pipe Dreams
18. BT & Christian Burns – Save Me
CD 2 – Dawn
01. Beatman & Ludmilla – The Fall
02. Milla Lehto – Blade Runner (John Askew Rework)
03. Steve Brian & Ronski Speed – Viper (Maywave Remix) (John Askew Rework)
04. NU NRG – Universe (John Askew Rework)
05. Calvin O’Commor – Oceania (John Askew Rework)
06. John Askew – Squelch
07. John Askew – A Picture of Dorian (Ray Reverse Remix)
08. Nifra & Mia Koo – Forever Forever (Beatsole Remix) (John Askew Rework)
09. No So – Feels Like Heaven
10. Paul van Dyk – Crush (John Askew Rework)
11. John Askew & Gary Go – Smile
12. John Askew – Fade To Black (UDM Remix)
13. Story of Oz – Somersault
14. John Askew – Through The Looking Glass (Faders & Wilder Remix)
15. Sean Tyas & Shelby Merry – Someday (Story Of Oz Remix)
16. UDM – Always Shining
17. Igor Dorin – Energy (John Askew Rework)
18. Will Atkinson – The Last Rave On Earth
- Wynn Nightlife Music Week Brings World-Class Talent to XS, Encore Beach Club During EDC Week 2021 in Las Vegas
- Nocturnalist 334
- Dabin’s New Album ‘Between Broken’ is Melodic Sweetness for the Ears
- Jamie Jones Took us to Paradise During NYC Three-Stage Takeover
- DSTRQT Drops Happy Uptempo “Make You Mine”
- Lightning in a Bottle & The Do Lab Announce Reimagined 2022 Programming
Wynn Nightlife Music Week Brings World-Class Talent to XS, Encore Beach Club During EDC Week 2021 in Las Vegas
Insomniac’s EDC Week is upon us, which includes the grand return of Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas. Wynn Las Vegas’...
E.R.N.E.S.T.O Talks Everything Dirtybird Campout & Newest Track Premiere “Not Again” [NT Exclusive]
With Dirtybird Campout coming up next weekend, house and dance music fans from all over California and beyond are gearing...
Surf Mesa Fills Us In During Life Is Beautiful 2021 [Interview]
With music festivals and club shows steadily making a resurgence throughout 2021, the hype around events and their lineups has...
Amsterdam Music Festival Set to Take Place Small Scale & Reveal World’s No. 1 DJ
Good news for avid festival lovers that are attending the Amsterdam Dance Event. In accordance with local government guidelines, ALDA...
Explore the World of Bootshaus Resident Elle Rich [Interview]
Very few clubs have such a dedicated fanbase as the legendary Bootshaus (Cologne, Germany). With this club open again the...
Life Is Beautiful 2021 Leaves Festivalgoers Filled With Joy
Life Is Beautiful 2021 Las Vegas was a spectacular return back into LIVE music, as the festival catered to a...