Amidst other recent and amazing Ultra Music Festival news, (yes, the Miami edition will be returning home to Bayfront Park!) we have further buzz to share surrounding the world-renowned festival’s sustainability project. UMF has officially committed to continuing ‘Mission: Home’ in 2020 after reports show 2019 efforts were successful.
The environmental organizations noted that attendees followed suit, “We were thrilled that the venue appeared exceptionally clean. There were enough waste stations, appropriate messaging, and volunteer staff to establish the social expectations, which the attendees followed.” Virginia Key Beach Park Trust Special Events Liaison, Michelle Swaby-Smith, agreed, “The sustainability plan ‘Mission Home’ was like no other. We were astonished at how clean the park was… even the attendees did their part,” she wrote in an email to City of Miami Commissioners.
“We are happy to announce that our Mission: Home sustainability initiatives including our Leave No Trace policy, single-use plastic reduction efforts and recycling program will continue in 2020 and beyond.” – Ultra’s Senior Manager of Sustainability, Vivian Belzaguy
2019’s edition was applauded for “setting the bar in festival greening,” and earned Ultra an “A” on an unbiased, third-party report card compiled by VolunteerCleanup.org, Surfrider Miami and Debris Free Oceans.
Environmental education content available throughout the event reached roughly 55,000 attendees per day for three days. A video about the Leave No Trace initiative aired on Ultra’s YouTube channel, which garnered 30 million views over the course of the weekend. All of Ultra’s Mission: Home sustainability initiatives were shared online, creating a sustainability model for events all over the world to see.
Below is a summary of some of the project’s most notable marks:
- 100% percent of recycling loads were accepted by the local facility
- Avoided the use of 526,000 single-use plastic items
- 31% of the waste created during the event was diverted from landfill
- 60,360 pounds of waste were diverted through recycling and composting efforts
- 56,660 pounds of waste recycled
- Mission: Home education & awareness campaign reached 2.7 million people before gates even opened
- Protected: Kaila Methven Celebrates Magazine Cover Appearance, Featuring her Expression of Festival Couture Lingerie Fashion [Interview]
- G-Jones Uncovers ‘Tangential Zones’ EP Following his Debut Album
- Shift K3Y Delivers Pumping Single ‘Push Ya Back Out’ on Heldeep Records
- Asdek Reveals his “Nightmares” in Brand-New Single
- Lexy Panterra Drops Provocative Christmas-Themed Video with Too Short for “Pretty Young Savage”
- HARBER’s Black Friday Show Leads Us to Mercury Lounge This Thanksgiving Weekend
Protected: Kaila Methven Celebrates Magazine Cover Appearance, Featuring her Expression of Festival Couture Lingerie Fashion [Interview]
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
AVICII Tribute Concert to be Live Streamed & Broadcast Worldwide by The Tim Bergling Foundation
The Tim Bergling Foundation has just announced that the December 5th Avicii Tribute Concert for Mental Health Awareness at Friends...
Oliver Heldens & UZ Take on Halloween at Germany’s Bootshaus
It often happens that if you love all sorts of music, you can’t decide what stage to attend at festivals....
Post Malone Brings Double-Header to Los Angeles
This week, Post Malone performed a back-to-back stint at The Forum, famous Los Angeles venue in Inglewood, California. The Republic...
Bayfront Park: Electronic Haven Awaits as Ultra Miami Sets Sparks in Phase 1 Lineup
Ready, set, BAYFRONT. The magic of Ultra Miami at Bayfront Park has sparked once again in its grandiose glowing fashion....
GRAMMY Awards 2020 Nominees Announced
The nominees for the 2020 GRAMMY Awards were announced today (Wednesday, November 20). Find out who earned nominations in our...