The Tim Bergling Foundation has just announced that the December 5th Avicii Tribute Concert for Mental Health Awareness at Friends Arena in Stockholm will be live streamed worldwide on Avicii’s official YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram pages in addition to other outlets. For the first time ever, 19 of the original singers on Avicii’s biggest hits including, Aloe Blacc, Adam Lambert, Dan Tyminski, Rita Ora, and other surprise guests, will come together with a thirty piece band to perform a two hour headline set of his original music.
The main concert (9pm – 11.15pm local time CET) will be livestreamed on:
– Avicii’s official YouTube, Facebook and Instagram (Globally)
– SVT (Swedish TV), YLE (Finnish TV), SR (Swedish Radio), Fun Radio (France), Evolution Radio (US iHeart Radio), Firelane (US AMP Radio), Block FM Radio (Japan), EBU (European Broadcasting Union), and more…
The main concert will take place 9pm-11:15pm local time CET and will be livestreamed on:
– Avicii’s official Youtube, Facebook, and Instagram (Globally)
– SVT (Swedish TV), YLE (Finnish TV), SR (Swedish Radio), Fun Radio (France), Evolution Radio (US iHeart Radio), Firelane (US AMP Radio), Block FM Radio (Japan), EBU (European Broadcasting Union), and more.
This major event produced by the Tim Bergling Foundation aims to use all net profits from the Avicii Tribute Concert for Mental Health Awareness to support organizations that address mental health needs and suicide prevention for young people. Within just 30 minutes, the 55,000 seats sold out when it went on sale in September. David Guetta, Kygo, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Laidback Luke, and Nicky Romero are amongst those performing headlining sets and are not part of the broadcast/streaming.
When the well-respected artist and producer known to millions around the world as Avicii, but known to friends as Tim died on April 20th, 2018, it sent a tremor around the world. The global mourning created a movement that moved parallel with the Swedish producer’s beautifully uplifting music and illustrious career. Fans and fellow artists viewed him as passionate and an artist who truly pushed the boundaries, the highest standard to reach for timeless electronic music. At the Avicii Tribute Concert for Mental Health Awareness fans will come together with his collaborators to honor his music and legacy worldwide.
“We are grateful that his friends, producers, artists and colleagues are coming to Stockholm to help. They have all expressed a sincere interest and desire to engage in efforts to stem the tide of mental illness and lend their support to our work with the Tim Bergling Foundation. We are very much looking forward to this evening, which will be a starting point for the foundation’s work going forward. Every year around 1500 people take their own lives in Sweden and globally up to one million. It is a tragedy that affects families, communities and with long-term effects on relatives who live on in grief. It is a global crisis and the second most common cause of death among young people aged 15-29*. We want this concert to help put the topic on the agenda and pay attention to the stigma surrounding mental illness and suicide. Policies and tools are needed to detect the risks and prevent suicide, especially among young people.” – Klas Bergling, Tim’s father
*According to the Worldwide Health Organization
- Protected: Kaila Methven Celebrates Magazine Cover Appearance, Featuring her Expression of Festival Couture Lingerie Fashion [Interview]
- G-Jones Uncovers ‘Tangential Zones’ EP Following his Debut Album
- Shift K3Y Delivers Pumping Single ‘Push Ya Back Out’ on Heldeep Records
- Asdek Reveals his “Nightmares” in Brand-New Single
- Lexy Panterra Drops Provocative Christmas-Themed Video with Too Short for “Pretty Young Savage”
- HARBER’s Black Friday Show Leads Us to Mercury Lounge This Thanksgiving Weekend
Protected: Kaila Methven Celebrates Magazine Cover Appearance, Featuring her Expression of Festival Couture Lingerie Fashion [Interview]
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
AVICII Tribute Concert to be Live Streamed & Broadcast Worldwide by The Tim Bergling Foundation
The Tim Bergling Foundation has just announced that the December 5th Avicii Tribute Concert for Mental Health Awareness at Friends...
Oliver Heldens & UZ Take on Halloween at Germany’s Bootshaus
It often happens that if you love all sorts of music, you can’t decide what stage to attend at festivals....
Post Malone Brings Double-Header to Los Angeles
This week, Post Malone performed a back-to-back stint at The Forum, famous Los Angeles venue in Inglewood, California. The Republic...
Bayfront Park: Electronic Haven Awaits as Ultra Miami Sets Sparks in Phase 1 Lineup
Ready, set, BAYFRONT. The magic of Ultra Miami at Bayfront Park has sparked once again in its grandiose glowing fashion....
GRAMMY Awards 2020 Nominees Announced
The nominees for the 2020 GRAMMY Awards were announced today (Wednesday, November 20). Find out who earned nominations in our...